Mmm, maple - - you can drink it, savour it…
I love discovering the neighbourhoods of New York City, and the best way to do it is through food. That’s why I enjoy the food tours offered by Foods of New York Tours.
These tours take you through New York City’s most delicious neighbourhoods, where you’ll hear stories about the area’s history and architecture, usually sprinkled with some quirky facts and insider tips on where the locals go. Of course, you’ll also get plenty to eat, with about six tastings on the tour. One of the things I like best is that most of the tastings are in affordable, family run eateries – – places you might never discover on your own. I wrote about some of these great spots in this post.
I took many of the Foods of New York Tours long before I started this blog, but enjoyed the experience so much, I had to share it. Now, I’m thrilled that Foods of New York Tours has agreed to provide a prize of one of their memorable food tours for a reader sweepstakes draw.
One lucky winner will receive a tour for two people on one of the following food and cultural walking tours (dates subject to availability) with Foods of New York Tours:
The Heart of Greenwich Village – Explore favorite cafés, specialty food shops & mouth watering eateries in the ‘Village’.
Original Greenwich Village – Discover food, history and culture from the old Italian section of Greenwich Village.
Chelsea Market – A walk through NYC’s historic indoor Food Market mecca and the trendy, Meatpacking District
Gourmet Chinatown – Discover the delicious cuisine, history, and culture of New York City’s Chinatown.
Nolita/NoHo – Wander through the corners of Nolita and NoHo where old-world charm meets a youthful downtown vibe.
Foods of New York Tours run 7 days a week. Each tour includes 5 to 7 tastings, a neighbourhood guide and bottle of water.
Please note that this prize does NOT include travel to the New York City meeting point for the tour.
How To Enter:
Use the form below to enter the draw. It’s easy to enter. All you need to do is visit Travel Bliss Now and Foods of New York on Facebook and you’ll be in the draw to win. As a bonus, you can also get loads of extra entries by following us on Twitter! The promotion ends at midnight on August 29. You won’t get any spam and your info will be kept private.
Please read the Terms and Conditions below carefully before entering.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. DESCRIPTION: The WIN A Foods of New York Tour Sweepstakes (\”Sweepstakes\”) begins on August 19, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. EDT and ends on August 29, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. EDT. (the”Promotion Period\”).
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Travel Bliss Now (the “Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Travel Bliss Now may be reached by email at email@example.com during the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States and Canada who are 19 years of age or older. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and immediate family and household members of Travel Bliss Now or Foods of New York, their affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate in the contest.
3. PRIZE – One prize consisting of a Foods of New York group tour for two will be awarded to a randomly drawn winner on a space-available only basis for a tour to be taken within one year of award date.
Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Travel Bliss Now reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. The approximate retail value of the prize is $100 – $130 U.S., depending on the tour booked.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by using the entry form above.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
5. WINNER SELECTION: The Winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected after the sweepstakes closes in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted after the Promotion Period by Travel Bliss Now, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information. If Travel Bliss Now is unable to contact a potential winner within 5 days of notification or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Travel Bliss Now’s discretion, an alternate winner will be selected. Potential Winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Travel Bliss Now.
If selected entrant is a Canadian resident, he/she must answer a skill-testing question, correctly prior to receiving prize.
7. PRIVACY: Any personal information supplied by entrants will be used by Travel Bliss Now for administration of the sweepstakes only. By entering the Sweepstakes, you grant Sponsor permission to share your email address with Foods of New York Tours for the purpose of administration and prize fulfillment and to publish your name as the winner on Travel Bliss Now’s blog.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.
By participating or accepting a prize, entrants release and agree to hold harmless the Sponsor, Sweepstakes Partners, Prize Suppliers, and their respective parents, its officers, directors, employees, agents and contractors from any and all existing or future actual or alleged actions, claims and/or liabilities of whatever nature including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury (including without limitation wrongful death and disability), property damage and loss or damage of any other kind, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in this, and/or participation in any sweepstakes or prize related activities.